[TxMt] arrowShortcuts.rb / TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Wed Feb 22 18:40:05 UTC 2006

On Feb 22, 2006, at 11:49 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> I type --> I select the three symbols and then i go in the macros
> menu...

Don't select the three symbols. The macro will do it for you. The
macro selects the three characters right before the cursor, and calls
the command on them. So just type --> and press ctrl-shift-s (at
least that's the shortcut in my system, you can change it if you like)

> If I put the code arrowShortcuts.rb in a command "convert" and if i
> make the same things ; that's fine ?!

yes, but then you'll have to select the three characters first. The
point of the macro was not to have to do that. All arrowShortcuts.rb
is doing is reading its input (in this case the three selected
characters), matching it in its dictionary (hash), and then
outputting the expanded form.
> Alain

Haris