[TxMt] Re: Dynamic scopes

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Feb 20 10:35:02 UTC 2006

On 19/2/2006, at 19:48, Christopher Creutzig wrote:

> [...] well, I'd like to propose it.  It would certainly be good to
> make
> typos and global variables stand out clearly, imho.

Is your proposal that TextMate parse your language in the background,
and based on that, expose as dynamic scopes where in the source there
is an error, which parts are e.g. local variables (for languages
which do not require any syntax like $variable), etc.?

While dynamic scopes could allow for some third party plug-in to
provide scope names, I am unlikely to venture into the field of
incremental parsers for the dozen of languages supported by TextMate ;)