[TxMt] Strange Find and Replace Bug

Benjamin Linton ben at visiblebits.com
Thu Feb 16 22:31:32 UTC 2006

Latest Info:

These errors below occurred over a day ago, but they might be the cause
of the issue I ran into.  I have had my powerbook on for the last few
days I do believe.

Another helpful bit of info, is that I recently deleted the file in
question.  Completely restarted textmate (which i did before to no
prevail).  Downloaded my email-attached filed from the mailing list.
And now I cannot reproduce the bug.  So that is good news, but it might
help you find a deeper issue?

Good luck and thanks for all your hard / excellent work!

The Errors From The Console:

2006-02-15 12:07:46.752 TextMate[6157] -[NSBigMutableString
characterAtIndex:] called with out-of-bounds index. For apps linked on
Tiger this will raise an exception. For earlier apps it will produce
this one-time warning and continue with existing behavior (which is
undefined).

2006-02-15 12:07:46.753 TextMate[6157] *** -[NSBigMutableString
characterAtIndex:]: Range or index out of bounds