[TxMt] Removing text during column selection?

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Mon Feb 6 21:56:51 UTC 2006

I use Change to Column Selection as a quick way of commenting out
selected lines. For instance, if I've got a LaTeX selection that
looks like this:

%\captionwidth{\textwidth}
\begin{comment}
\begin{figure}
%\includegraphics{table2.pdf}

And I want to comment out the entire selection, then I can't use the
Comment Selection command (Command-/) because that simply removes the
existing comments. (I think this is a bug in the Source bundle.)

To work around the problem, I can do Change to Column Selection, then
hit '%', which achieves the desired effect of commenting out all lines:

%%\captionwidth{\textwidth}
%\begin{comment}
%\begin{figure}
%%\includegraphics{table2.pdf}

However, if I later want to remove the commenting I've added, Change
to Column Selection does not work. It seems I am only able to add,
not delete, text during column selection. Is this a bug?

Trevor

P.S. The Comment Selection does work properly for removing the
comments in the latter case, but it seems wrong to have to use one
technique for commenting out a selection and a completely different
one for removing the commenting.