[TxMt] using the howto's from the wiki

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Thu Dec 28 17:08:02 UTC 2006

On Dec 28, 2006, at 6:49 PM, Eben wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just started using Textmate as my primary editor.  I would
> very much like to make use of some of the howto's offered in the
> wiki, but I am a bit confused on how to implement them.  I am
> assuming they are bundles, and are implemented via the bundle editor.

They are probably mostly TextMate commands, implemented in a bundle
in the bundle editor. Just use the plus at the bottom left to create
a new command.
> At the moment I am specifically interested in this one:
>
> - Before: Do Nothing
This is the setting that appears at the very top when you create a
command. It is now called "Save" instead.

> - Command: grep -n '^[[:space:]]*\(public\|private\|protected\)\?\
> ([[:space:]]\+static\|
>           [[:space:]]\+abstract\)\?[[:space:]]\+function'
This is the text you place in the command box, probably in one line
and starting from the grep part.

> - Std In: Entire Document
This is the setting for the "input" popup, rigth below the command box.

> - Std out: Show in separate win
This is the setting for the "output" popup. Might be called "Create
New Window" now. Or actually might be deprecated, in favor of
creating HTML outputs.

> - Pattern: ^(\d+):\s(public|private|protected)?(\s+static|\s
> +abstract)?
>           \s+function\s+([_A-Za-z][_A-Za-z0-9]*)\s*[(](.*)[)]
> - Format: $2$3 $4\( $5 \)
> - Line: 1

Yes, this is indeed deprecated ;). You'll probably have to tweak the
output to make it into nice HTML. Someone else can perhaps give more
details on that, I haven't done it many times.

> which supposedly creates a clickable list of functions for php 4
> and 5.  Looking at the bundle editor, would I set this up as a php
> command, or something else entirely?  And what would be the actual
> code placed into the Command(s) box?
>
> Any advice is appreciated.

Haris