[TxMt] Re: Scheme formatting

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 28 02:11:42 UTC 2006

Timothy J. Wood wrote:

>   The current Scheme (and Lisp) plugins don't seem to format according
> to the normal usage for these languages.
>
>   With the following text in TextMate in Scheme mode you get:
>
> -----
> (define (x y)
>     (let ((a 1)
>     (b 2))
> (+ (* a b) y)))
> -----

Yeah, unfortunately you can't really do what you want with the built-in
indentation tools.  I think with some clever commands, it should be
possible to do however you like, but TextMate's indentation machinery
isn't really designed to be super flexible.  That may change in future
versions... we'll have to wait to see what Allan comes up with.  Until
then, I think your best bet is to make some simple (or maybe complex)
commands that take in the whole file, and then examine the previous
lines to determine indentation, and then set those to run when you press
return, etc.