[TxMt] OakTextView API & text selection

Todd Ditchendorf itod at mac.com
Tue Dec 26 03:42:43 UTC 2006

I'm working on a couple of TextMate plugins, and I would like to
force text selection and possibly scrolling in TextMate's main window
([NSApp mainWindow]).

I see that TextMate uses a custom text view class called OakTextView.

1. Is the OakTextView api (header file?) available to the public?

2. Does anyone have any advice to share on how to accomplish text
selection in an OakTextView?

  I can get a reference to the main window's oaktextview in cocoa
easily enough. i just don't know how to make it select text. I'd
prefer to do this via objc/cocoa. However, if there are applescript
hooks to this, those would be of interest too (especially if the
oaktextview api is not available).

Thanks!!!!