[TxMt] Location of LaTeX installation

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sat Dec 23 03:16:37 UTC 2006

On Dec 22, 2006, at 4:07 PM, Christian Burk wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I installed Latex with the i-installer and then used textmade to
> work with it.
> Wherefrom does Textmate know the install location of latex?

For some of the commands, TextMate uses the shell settings. If you do:

echo $PATH

in the terminal, then you'll see a bunch of paths, and one of them
should mention tex binaries or something like that.

This is the case for the Typeset & View command, it should "just
work". Other LaTeX commands don't yet see that location, though they
ought to. For now the simplest workaround is to create an environment
variable in TM (Preferences->Advanced->Shell variables) called PATH
and with value exactly what the "echo $PATH" above gave you (being
careful not to include any newlines).

> Thanks
> Christian

Haris