[TxMt] (no subject)

Dr. Drang drdrang at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 16:03:37 UTC 2006

I've been trying to set the foldingStartMarker and foldingStopMarker
for a simplified variant of Markdown but have had no success. The
file would look something like this

# First heading #

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Suspendisse
vel nunc.
Suspendisse egestas erat vitae pede. Phasellus quis libero et tortor
commodo
auctor. Sed et erat. Aliquam sed lectus. Fusce semper elit nec ipsum.
Morbi
sem nisl, tristique id, venenatis quis, gravida sed, neque. Etiam ut
felis. Curabitur leo magna, molestie vitae, blandit et, fringilla
vitae, purus.

# Second heading #

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Suspendisse
vel nunc.
Suspendisse egestas erat vitae pede. Phasellus quis libero et tortor
commodo
auctor. Sed et erat.

Aliquam sed lectus. Fusce semper elit nec ipsum. Morbi
sem nisl, tristique id, venenatis quis, gravida sed, neque. Etiam ut
felis. Curabitur leo magna, molestie vitae, blandit et, fringilla
vitae, purus.

# Third heading #

etc

I'd like to fold so that only the heading lines show.

The foldingStartMarker is easy:

     foldingStartMarker = '^# +';

But I can't get a foldingStopMarker that works. What I'd like to use
is a blank line followed by a positive lookahead to a line that
starts with a hash and a space, but

     foldingStopMarker = '^$\n(?=^# +)';

doesn't work, even though that regex works in the Find dialog box.

Are the start and stop markers restricted to single line patterns?
The manual suggests that, but it isn't explicit. Does anyone have any
ideas?

--
Dr. Drang