[TxMt] Re: question: mouse or not?

Piero D'Ancona pierodancona at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 16:14:16 UTC 2006

Charilaos Skiadas <skiadas at ...> writes:

> I guess I don't really know exactly what happens with the linenumber
> information. What is that number, and how does PDFView get that
> information out? I guess the same way it does for the pdfsync. But
> what happens if you click on an equation with no label, or if you
> click somewhere not an equation? And of course it does depend on the
> editor supporting the applescript insert call. It does look very
> plausible though. Looking forward to it.
> Haris

Yes, the line number is computed by PDFView using info
from pdfsync, and it is already available as an internal
variable.
The prototype script just locates the first label BEFORE
the formula you clicked on. This can be improved and
will be if this thing starts working. The idea is that
the script is user-modifiable and I guess there are
pretty good wizards with script around here...

The applescript call has the advantage to cover a
large number of editors in a very simple way, and the
editors needs no change. I have another version that
copies into clipboard and then pastes using System UI
services. That's really universal, and really ugly (and
slow).

I only hope Bergia will find the time to do the modification
in the next weeks

Piero