[TxMt] R bundle: Execute line / selection

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sun Dec 17 04:09:07 UTC 2006

On Dec 15, 2006, at 4:09 PM, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:

> Of course, to use the clipboard will destroy its content, but this
> can be discussed.

Yeah this is really not acceptable. Perhaps there is a way to write
the information in some sort of temp file, or an unnamed pipe? (I
think there is some trick with something like "<(commandshere)" that
you can add to the end of a command, so that the output of
commandshere is fed as a filename would have been fed otherwise, or
something line that). We do need a way to get things to go back and
forth without touching the clipboard. The clipboard is the user's
space, we shouldn't be messing with it without the user asking for it.

Haris