[TxMt] Re: PDFView update

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sat Dec 16 18:18:25 UTC 2006

On Dec 15, 2006, at 5:13 AM, Jacob Rus wrote:

> What's the benefit over Texniscope?  And does anyone know how the
> development on Texniscope is going?  If it has no ongoing
> development, and pdfview has the advantage, should we maybe move
> toward recommending pdfview for LaTeX users?  It looks to me like
> pdfview isn't a dvi viewer, so maybe those who use plain tex/latex
> instead of pdftex/pdflatex find texniscope more useful?

I've looked at PDFView a bit, and indeed it looks a bit better than
TeXniscope, imo, and it is universal binary I think, which is
definitely a big plus. The dvi point is valid though. I'll check the
PDFView out a bit and see how the synching works, and at the very
least recommend it as an option in the help file.

> -Jacob

Haris