[TxMt] Re: PDFView update

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Fri Dec 15 03:13:51 UTC 2006

First, it's worth noting that new subjects really should be in new
threads, rather than replying to emails in other threads:

Jenny Harrison wrote:
 > On Dec 14, 2006, at 12:33 AM, Kevin Ballard wrote:
 >> [...]

We'll forgive you this time, though. :)

> Andrea Bergia just upgraded PDFView to 14.0.1. He now has it working
> with pdfsync and it is beautiful!   His toggle drawer has three options,
> outline, miniatures and search. On default, the pdf file fills the
> screen and is visually simple.   Congratulations to Andrea for a
> wonderful contribution.
>
> http://pdfview.sourceforge.net/

What's the benefit over Texniscope?  And does anyone know how the
development on Texniscope is going?  If it has no ongoing development,
and pdfview has the advantage, should we maybe move toward recommending
pdfview for LaTeX users?  It looks to me like pdfview isn't a dvi
viewer, so maybe those who use plain tex/latex instead of
pdftex/pdflatex find texniscope more useful?

-Jacob