[TxMt] GTDAlt doesn't sync at all to iCal

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Mon Dec 11 21:45:37 UTC 2006

On Dec 11, 2006, at 3:23 PM, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just wanted to start using GTDalt but the iCal-sync just gives
> the message that it will take a while and ends w/out any errors
> after a few seconds. In iCal is now one additional calendar called
> GTDalt and that's it, not one for each context specified in
> TM_GTD_CONTEXTS. Does anyone have an idea how I can hunt down the
> failure or what I'm doing wrong?

First off, try to set the variable to TM_GTD_CONTEXT, not
TM_GTD_CONTEXTS, and see if that fixes it.
It is likely that perhaps you're using quotes in your actions/notes
etc? Try to remove the quotes, and see if that fixes it.
Then, if it doesn't, then change the Output option of the
"Synchronize With iCal" command to "create new document" instead of
discard. This would hopefully show us some error, thought applescript
errors are usually not very useful.

Finally, create a new command in the GTDalt bundle with any name you
like, and text:

get_lists.rb

Set the output to Create new document, and then run the command and
use the pastie service (select all + shift-ctrl-opt-V) to get a url
with the pasted text. Then send us the url.

> Niels

Haris