[TxMt] [Python Bundle] Suggestions "stolen" from Ruby Bundle and bugs from the latest SVN

Matt Anderson manders2k.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 16:58:38 UTC 2006

On Dec 11, 2006, at 10:09 AM, Ryan Wilcox wrote:

> #3: super() in class snippet
>
>     It would be cool if the class snippet inserted super(...) into the
>     constructor for the class. (Is this possible with clever
>     mirroring?)

Is it common practice to use "super" in python?  I know of at least
one essay:

   http://fuhm.net/super-harmful/

which says no, "Python's Super Considered Harmful".  Don't use it.  I
don't know what the standard practices in the Python community
actually are in regards to that particular facility.

If it's controversial, I'm not sure that automatically including it
in the standard snippet, and then having most people delete it when
it appears, would be a good thing.

--
  Matt Anderson