[TxMt] PSTricks problem with LaTeX bundle

Aaron Jacobs aaronjjacobs at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 09:03:35 UTC 2006

On 12/9/06, Alain Matthes <alain.matthes at mac.com> wrote:

> It's possible to use PSTricks with pdfLaTeX but you need \usepackage
> {pst-pdf}
>   and to use the script ps4pdf

I'd rather avoid such workarounds and just use the `latex` -> `dvips`
-> `ps2pdf` route.  It's really no problem, and works fine out of the
box with the TextMate bundle as long as one doesn't use `latexmk.pl`.

> I know anything about `latexmk.pl`, but the real problem it's the
> command
>   Typset and VieW, we have the only options : xetex and pdflatex perhaps
>   latex it's important for some users.

I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you are saying here.  If
it's that `latex` isn't an option then that's not the case, because it
*is* appropriately used if `\usepackage{pstricks}` is found in the
document.  The problem is that this is broken by using `latexmk.pl` as
your compiler, which I want to do so that I don't have to run BibTeX
by hand.

My patch fixes this; I'm just trying to find someone who will commit
it (or another modification that fixes the same problem).

Aaron