[TxMt] math bundle feature request

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Fri Dec 8 16:02:50 UTC 2006

On Dec 8, 2006, at 10:28 AM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> On Dec 8, 2006, at 8:31 AM, janssen at ccr.jussieu.fr wrote:
>> Shouldn't these things made to work
>> under (well may be not all but) most language settings? If I was
>> fluent in
>> Applescript I would certainly contribute (Perhaps Xmas time is just
>> the right
>> time to change my current knowledge iof 'languages').
>
> In some sense this is really a shortcoming of AppleScript. No
> developer should possibly have to know what name a menu item shows
> to the user, really. Just supporting a couple more languages is not
> the answer, this is really something that AppleScript should be
> fixing, and it's not likely to happen I'm afraid.

To be clear, this is not a shortcoming of AppleScript, it's a
shortcoming of the R app. If what you really want is to communicate
with the data model of the app, you shouldn't have to address the UI
elements. The application is supposed to export a proper AppleScript
object model. If the application developers have implemented
AppleScript support and you're still having to address the UI elements
to get results, something is missing from the app's implementation.

Chris