[TxMt] math bundle feature request

janssen at ccr.jussieu.fr janssen at ccr.jussieu.fr
Thu Dec 7 23:29:51 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am a plain textmate user and a complete computer/programming illiterate who
searches advice and input from other, potentially more experienced users of
textmate. When writing latex based papers using the wonderful latex bundle I
frequently want to do a quick and simple calculation. Unfortunately, this often
involves other formats than those provided by the existing math bundle and I
have to invoke an external calculator. Would it be possible to extend the math
bundle to normal calculator capabilities? IE providing
exponential/logarhithmic,
power function, trigonometric functions, numbers in ecponential notation
etc. ?

I don't know whether others miss this feature. I would certainly welcome
such extended functionality or some experienced guidance how to achieve the same
functionality with existing bundles. Using the R bundle I tried to send commands
to R, which I found very slow (and not what I would find useful), and also to
execute R on the selection, but only to the effect of receiving an error
message.

JJ