[TxMt] Re: C Library bundle MONSTER

Mark Eli Kalderon eli at markelikalderon.com
Thu Dec 7 18:16:56 UTC 2006

On 7 Dec 2006, at 16:06, William D. Neumann wrote:

>> Man pages already exist to document this stuff. Having more
>> documentation of the same stuff isn't any better.
>
> It's documentation available quickly and easily inbthe same app
> that the person is doing the coding in with no exrtaneous clutter.
> That's better in my book.

It is good to get documentation within your editor. There were two
issues I think. One is the conflation of autocompletion and accessing
documentation. Since Thomas Aylott is addressing autocompletion, let
me make a remark about documentation. I don't think that it is useful
to have documentation inserted into the document that you are working
on. Far better to have a command that will open the documentation in
a separate window. It is easy to pipe man pages into an html window
(and you can take advantage of the built in CSS to boot). So I must
agree that it would be better if the documentation for the C library
followed the model provided by control-H in other bundles.

All the best, Mark