[TxMt] weird glitch - apple & option/control keys not working as expected?

Brian Landau brianjlandau at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 18:36:13 UTC 2006

Chris,

Yes it did change see the change log in the Release Notes under the Help menu:
[2006-09-09: REVISION 1244]
[CHANGED] The sub_word movement functions now also do CamelCase in
addition to underscore_words. The default key bindings for these
functions (move, select, and delete) have been changed to only use
control as modifier (previously control + option was required) --
ticket 11746E04.

But this is the standard behaviour for any Text/Code editor. Go ahead
and take a look at Apple's Xcode same behaviour.

Also Command+arrow has always been the standard way to move to the
beginning and ed of every line, and that still works as expected. Also
Option+arrow still works as expected allowing you to move word to
word. The only thing that changed is control+arrow and this is for the
best, as it is now standard with other editors, and give the user more
control over cursor movement than before.

Anyway, you'll get used to it fairly quickly don't worry!

-Brian
Brian Landau
UNC - Chapel Hill
School of Library and Information Science (SILS)
http://www.claimid.com/brianjlandau
AIM: Zippi Bat