[TxMt] Re: Mathematica (with a bit of TextMate theology as bonus)

William D. Neumann wneumann at cs.unm.edu
Mon Dec 4 21:55:58 UTC 2006

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Jacob Rus wrote:

> I'm really not sure why there are so few TextMate lisp users.  I think it
> must have something to do with most users learning scheme/lisp in
> universities, where professors and teaching fellows with decades-old biases
> train new students.

Honestly I think its more that TextMate has a long way to go to catch up
to some of the existing Lisp environments, like SLIME and the Allegro IDE.
There's an awful lot of ease of use and functionality in those
environments that people would be giving up, and I'm not sure how much of
that is even possible to recreate in TM.

William D. Neumann

---

"There's just so many extra children, we could just feed the
children to these tigers.  We don't need them, we're not doing
anything with them.

Tigers are noble and sleek; children are loud and messy."

         -- Neko Case

Life is unfair.  Kill yourself or get over it.
 	-- Black Box Recorder