[TxMt] Mathematica

rafale labosk rafaletdf3 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 08:57:32 UTC 2006

Greetings,

I'm in the process of evaluating TextMate. Needless to
say, great.

Some of my work involves Mathematica. I have this
ambitious notion that TM with TerminalMate
(eventually) can be used to interface with the M'ca
computational engine.

What's missing is a tmbundle to start. I'm assuming
getting to the point of just highlighting syntax is
doable.

Typically, efficient M'ca is Lispish, with recursive
headers, eg, Header1[Header2[Header3‚
]]] And the
bracketing syntax is pretty well formed:

(term) parentheses for grouping
f[x] square brackets for functions
{a, b, c} curly braces for lists
v[[i]] double brackets for indexing

//
Can someone point me in the right direction wrt an
existing bundle that has similar syntax so that I can
independently figure this out?(MatLab, btw, is largely
imperative.)

Is this a waste of time I wonder?

It seems that people have had sporadic success with TM
in the functional space. Someone feel free to correct
me.
//

Also, does anyone have suggestions about navigating
between multiline functions in C++? The syntax
highlighting/function hopping does not work in those
cases.

Thanks!