[TxMt] need guidance on snippets

Brian Landau brianjlandau at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 01:07:43 UTC 2006

Hey Lewis,

On 12/3/06, Lewis Overton <akakie at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to learn about writing useful snippets for things I do often. It
> looks like I need some conceptual help. For example, I use this snippet:

>     arr:${3:arranger}</td>
>
> with a tab trigger of </table>
>
> That worked so well I got greedy. I'd like to cause the snippet to force the
> title be Title Case.

Can't you just type it out in title case?
Or you could use a class attribute on the td or cite tag and use CSS
to style it with the text-transform property like this:

HTML code:

CSS code:
td.title {
text-transform: capitalize;
}

that would display the text to the browser like this: Song Title

Otherwise if the text is getting pasted in or something you could do a
transformation on it, see:
http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/snippets#transformations

Hope that helps!

-Brian