[TxMt] Blogging bundle and ExpressionEngine

Jackie Chappell jmchappell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 12:43:07 UTC 2006

OK, I seem to have answered my own question :-). In case it helps
anyone else, here are the steps I needed to take to get the Blogging
Bundle working with ExpressionEngine (1.5.1).

There are two problems with using the Blogging bundle with EE. The
first is that the blog id is not in the same format in the endpoint
URL as standard metaweblog endpoint urls. It looks something like
this:

http://mydomain.com/pathtoEE/index.php?ACT=25&id=1,  where id=x is the blog id.

The second is that the date format returned by XMLRPC isn't parsed
properly by the the ruby parser.rb (I'm using ruby 1.8.4), because it
has a Z on the end of the time string. So, to fix it, make the
following changes:

1. Edit /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlrpc/parser.rb (the path may be different
depending on where you installed Ruby), line 87 to read:

      if str =~ /^(-?\d\d\d\d)(\d\d)(\d\d)T(\d\d):(\d\d):(\d\d)Z?$/ then

Note the extra Z? near the end of the regular expression.

2. blogging.rb, line 167 onwards:

    if @endpoint =~ /#(.+)/
      @blog_id = $1
    elsif @endpoint =~ /&id=(.+)/ # EE format of blog id in endpoint
      @blog_id = $1
    else
      @blog_id = "0"
    end

That seems to do the trick for me. It would be sensible to copy the
Blogging bundle and save the new one under a new name, and with a new
UUID in info.plist, I guess.

Hope that helps anyone else using EE.

Jackie