[TxMt] Need help with snippets

Lewis Overton akakie at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 07:46:49 UTC 2006

I'm trying to learn about writing useful snippets for things I do often. It
looks like I need some conceptual help. For example, I use this snippet:

    arr:${3:arranger}</td>

with a tab trigger of </table>

already helps a lot when building tables of works performed. It nicely gets
rid of the ending </table> and inserts another set when I press tab at the
end of the snippet.

That worked so well I got greedy. I'd like to cause the snippet to force the
title be Title Case.

A second interest is an easy way to get rid of the break and the arranger
when the piece doesn't have one without killing the ability to use a tab
trigger at the end. I can use lots of deletes. Is there a better way.

Fascinating tool, TextMate.

Lewy