[TxMt] Possible fix for strange behavior with AFP volumes

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Wed Aug 30 22:02:07 UTC 2006

I used to be able to open remote files in TextMate by mounting the
remote directory via the Apple Filing Protocol [1]. Somewhere around
TextMate 1.5.2 (I think), this stopped working for me. TextMate's
open file dialog showed the volume as empty (?), and dragging and
dropping files from the remote volume onto the TextMate icon would do
nothing. Other applications, such as TextEdit, did not have these
problems, so I figured this was a new TextMate bug.

I went back and loaded a copy of TextMate 1.5.1, and it worked fine.
I thought this proved the issue to be a regression, but when I closed
1.5.1 and opened 1.5.3 again, it suddenly started working fine, too!

So I don't know what's going on, but if anyone has problems opening
files via AFP, going back temporarily to TextMate 1.5.1 might
magically fix the problem. At least it did for me.

Trevor

[1] http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/textmate/2006-February/
008656.html