[TxMt] SQL Problems

Mark Lacas junk at stuffthis.net
Mon Aug 28 19:15:33 UTC 2006

Hello,
   I'm trying to get the MySQL bundle working so I can browse tables.

I get this on my MacBook Pro:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/Applications/Document/
TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/SQL.tmbundle/Support/bin/
tableBrowser.py", line 284, in ? sys.exit(main()) File "/Applications/
Document/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/SQL.tmbundle/
Support/bin/tableBrowser.py", line 109, in main listTables
(dbName,dbHost,dbPort,serverType,passwd,dbUser) File "/Applications/
Document/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/SQL.tmbundle/
Support/bin/tableBrowser.py", line 130, in listTables mycon =
MySQLdb.connect(db=dbName,host=dbHost,port=int
(dbPort),user=dbUser,passwd=passwd) NameError: global name 'MySQLdb'
is not defined

I tried using tablebrowser.py standalone and it failed due to no
MySQLdb module for Python.
Downloaded and installed MySQLdb and now Python works properly with
the module and MySQL.

Alas, TextMate still can't find MySQLdb and fails with the same error.

I note that the first line of tablebrowser.py is:
#!/usr/bin/env python

My python is at:
/usr/bin/python

Is TextMate using some other Python than my native one?
If not, why can I interactively use Python with MySQL, but TextMate
won't work.

I have all the TM environment variables set so I don't think that is it.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
ml