[TxMt] Re: CSS (overtype broken/removed?)

Steve Lianoglou lists at arachnedesign.net
Mon Aug 28 19:08:00 UTC 2006

Hi Josh,

This isn't really the best how-to on SVN, but what's written below
may help you.

There is also a GetBundle bundle I think .. you might want to search
the mailing list history for that as I think it's purpose is to have
some GUI way to manage your bundles from SVN -- so, you won't need to
play with the command line.

But anyway :

> Thanks Steve, but I'm not too familiar with the terminal. Not sure
> what to do here:

When you're looking at this section in the page (http://
macromates.com/textmate/manual/bundles#getting_more_bundles)

Most all of the monotype commands in the grey boxes are commands you
want to issue at the terminal.

So, fire up a terminal.
>> export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8

Type that into the terminal.

This will set an environment variable for *that particular* terminal
session. So, the variable LC_CTYPE will be set to "en_US.UTF-8"

The instructions there tell you to append that command to your
~/.bashrc file. This file is read every time you open a new terminal
and lives in the root of your home directory (/Users/username).
Typically, this file is meant for you to add the things you most
often use/require in your every day terminal sessions.

Note that the "~/" syntax is a Unixism that is a shortcut to the path
on your filesystem to your home directory (again, /Users/username in
Mac OS X)

>> Users of zsh should put it in ~/.zshrc and tcsh users should
>> instead put this line in their ~/.tcshrc:

I think that since PantIher, the default shell is bash, so you can
probably ignore that.

You can pretty much safely follow the instructions after that as
they're written.

You probably just want to grab the CCS.tmbundle, so instead of this:
svn --username anon --password anon co \
    http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Bundles/Haskell.tmbundle

you'll want to type this:

svn --username anon --password anon co \
    http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Bundles/CSS.tmbundle

(if that bundle doesn't exist) .. if you already have the bundle, you
can do:

svn up CSS.tmbundle

(when you're in the /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles
directory, that is)

Hope that helps,
-steve