[TxMt] Double click between words

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Mon Aug 28 16:20:37 UTC 2006

On Aug 28, 2006, at 10:43 AM, Mark Lacas wrote:

> Series of tabs framed by words with $ - selects the tabs and the $
> - very wrong, really messes up perl

You can add $ to the 'Word Characters' in 'Preferences/Text Editing',
which makes TextMate a little more usable for Perl (actually I added _
$%@). Of cause this is not a great solution, ideally the word
characters could be set for each language (or better yet scope).

And it doesn't fix the unbelievably annoying behavior that TM selects
ALL non-word characters on double-click, which makes double-click-
drag to extend selections virtually useless. That is my biggest TM
criticism, sadly most folks seem to be rather keyboard-oriented users
so this misfeature has been long standing and there seems to be no
priority to fix that... I offered bribes, but that didn't help either.

Gerd