[TxMt] Blogging bundle issues and questions

Garrett Murray codebucket at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 13:47:08 UTC 2006

Yeah, sorry this message hit the server well after I talked to Brad
about this stuff... it took nearly 5 hours for this message to show up
on the mailing list (is that normal?)

All of these issues have been resolved, including the last one which
was my mistake.

Thanks again,

On 8/26/06, Brad Choate <bchoate at gmail.com> wrote:
> Allan,
>
> Garrett talked to me about these issues in the channel earlier today.
> See my notes below...
>

> On Aug 25, 2006, at 10:47 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>
> > On 25/8/2006, at 18:16, G M wrote:
> >
> >> The first, is that the blog setup suggests writing the endpoint
> >> URL as
> >> http://username@site.com, but usernames for my weblog app are email
> >> addresses, so this doesn't work (http://user@site.com@site.com
> >> obviously won't work) [...]
> >
> > I added an URL-decoding step after extracting the username/
> > password. So with the latest version you should be able to use
> > http://user%40site.com@site.com.
>
> Thanks -- I was going to do this myself, but you beat me to it!
>

> >> 1. It will say '--button1' in the field when it prompts you.
> >
> > Is this posting, fetching, or both? I tried configuring an end-
> > point w/o a username but saw no irregularities.
>
> I fixed this issue not that long ago -- perhaps he has a build of TM
> that still has the bug.
>

> >> 2. It won't remember your username and will keep asking you (it does,
> >> however, remember you password).
> >
> > It could pre-populate the string with the previous username. But it
> > should of course keep asking for it when no explicit name is set in
> > the post or the configuration.
> >
> >> Now, it does allow you to connect, and that's great. However,
> >> there is
> >> an issue when posting/updating posts. While it does successfully post
> >> and update, it also ALWAYS errors. The first line becomes:
> >>
> >> 2006-08-25 12:07:00.341 open[4844] No such file:
> >> /Users/garrett/Library/Preferences/this_is_a_test_yep
> >>
> >> Now, the error is different depending on the user, setup, etc. But
> >> it's something like this. In this case, garrett is my username
> >> (obviously), and this_is_a_test_yep is the permalink for this post.
> >>
> >> What's causing this?
> >
> > I have no idea. Does fetching also give that error?
>
> He was populating the permaLink element of the post structure without
> a full URL. That's something he said he would fix on his end.

Garrett Murray
http://garrettmurray.net