[TxMt] Crash using Find dialog

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sat Aug 26 15:03:42 UTC 2006

On 26/8/2006, at 12:56, Jenny Harrison wrote:

> [...] I had a problem with Find similar to this.   The Find dialog box
> would not come up with Cmd-F.   Then, suddenly, it would work normally
> for a few times before breaking again.  This problem arose soon after
> using Find in Project for the first time.    I finally reset the
> defaults to make it work properly, but am wary of trying Find in
> Project again.
>
> Allan, do you think I should use the tip in
> http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/
> expert_preferences#oakfindpaneldisablehistory to avoid this since it
> was not exactly a crash?

The problem (that disabling the history controls works around) is
that controls or the window gets released (even while in use) which
often leads to crashes, but can also manifest itself in other ways
(another one I’ve heard a few times is that mouse clicks are ignored.)

If the find window did not show on ⌘F then you should probably try
it from the menu, ensure that it’s not just hiding somewhere etc.