[TxMt] Blogging bundle issues and questions

G M codebucket at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 16:16:24 UTC 2006

I've been playing around with the Blogging bundle the past few days,
because I recently updated my weblog app, SimpleLog[1], with full
XML-RPC API support. Most people will use MarsEdit and the like, but I
live in TextMate so I'd like to use it if possible. But I have some
weird problems.

The first, is that the blog setup suggests writing the endpoint URL as
http://username@site.com, but usernames for my weblog app are email
addresses, so this doesn't work (http://user@site.com@site.com
obviously won't work). Now, if you don't put the username and @ sign
in the setup, the Blogging bundle will ask you for your username when
connecting, but with a few problems:

1. It will say '--button1' in the field when it prompts you.
2. It won't remember your username and will keep asking you (it does,
however, remember you password).

Now, it does allow you to connect, and that's great. However, there is
an issue when posting/updating posts. While it does successfully post
and update, it also ALWAYS errors. The first line becomes:

2006-08-25 12:07:00.341 open[4844] No such file:
/Users/garrett/Library/Preferences/this_is_a_test_yep

Now, the error is different depending on the user, setup, etc. But
it's something like this. In this case, garrett is my username
(obviously), and this_is_a_test_yep is the permalink for this post.

What's causing this?

I'd like to get everything working smoothly so I can promote this
functionality in SimpleLog. Help would be appreciated.

Also, on a side note--I'm sure this has been addressed, but it's a
little annoying to have to have a file open before being able to fetch
posts...

Thanks again,

[1]: http://simplelog.net