[TxMt] Reformat comment command

Alan Schussman alan at schussman.com
Wed Aug 23 23:34:50 UTC 2006

On Aug 23, 2006, at 4:25 PM, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> To put it simply, this is just how Unix works.  ;)
>
> Child process inherit STDOUT, STDIN, and STDERR from their parent
> process.

Gotcha. So if stdin exists, it's used. Neat. (Thanks, Allan, too.)

>>> Here's the code I just moved into the Source bundle.  Let me know
>>> if this is working please:
>>
>> It looks like it works well for most cases, but I think the more
>> lenient regex causes a problem in the case of a latex comment such
>> as "%\usepackage" (note no space); in that case, the comment
>> parameter is set to "%\" and the backslash ends up causing problems.
>
> If I remove backslash from the characters would that cover us?  I
> don't *think* it's a comment in any language I know...

I would think that would work. At least until the BackSlashAsComment
bundle comes along, in which case we can revisit it.

The only other change I'd make would be to add comment.block to the
context. I don't know how many languages do it, but I saw that at
least perl set context to comment.block instead of comment.line.

-Alan