[TxMt] Re: Using an alternate Python?

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Sat Aug 19 18:28:20 UTC 2006

Domenico Carbotta wrote:
>> Can anyone give me a hint as to how to get TextMate to call the proper
>> Python?
>
> you should define the TM_PYTHON environment variable within textmate and
> point it to your python setup. I recommend to use the pythonw
> executable, otherwise some scripts cannot run.
>
> TM_PYTHON=/sw/bin/pythonw

Actually, you should probably get the [universal python][1], instead of
the one from Fink.  It is most up-to-date, most optimized, and has the
most testing of external packages, etc. (several of which are available
from that same page).  If you do get it, then AFAIK there is no reason
to use pythonw, as it is a symlink to python.

-Jacob

[1]: http://pythonmac.org/packages/py24-fat/index.html