[TxMt] New app annoucement

Fri Aug 18 06:18:45 UTC 2006

Hi,
   Just thought I'd let everyone know that I've made a new app for
use with TextMate.  It is open source and described here:

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/ODBSuite/

Is is still early days and has many rough edges, but I think it's
useful.  I'm releasing early - we'll see if I have enough time to
release often. :)

The app is a command line app, odbeditor.  It acts like the 'mate'
command line program, but has a few advantages (and some
disadvantages too :)

usage: odbedit [-h] [-e editor] [-s saveScript] [-c closeScript]
filename [filename ...]

   - It can be run from a remote shell.  This means that you can ssh
into your box and start TextMate remotely.  (Yes, there are uses for
this - it is the main reason I wrote the thing :)
   - It can call out to other scripts when the program is saved or
closed (so you could scp the file somewhere, just to pull a random
example out of the air.)
   - It will work with any ODB Suite editor (i.e. any editor that
works with those FTP programs like Cyberduck.)

Be well,

Will         :-}