[TxMt] a newbie asks for help with regular expressions

Lawrence Goodman lawrencegoodman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 20:04:36 UTC 2006

This is a very basic question, but I am just getting started so I
could use some help.

I want to create an element that recognizes the text between asterisks
as element.comment.first.

For example if I type:
* Textmate *
This would be identified as element.comment.first.

So I wrote the following in my "language" section:
{	name = 'element.comment.first';
			match = '[*]\s?([^\* ]|\.| [*] | )*[*]';
		},

The problem is it can't identify the element when it comes in the
middle or end of a line, i.e.
I want to learn how to use * Textmate * tomorrow.

What's between the asterisks is not considered an element.comment.first.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

--
Lawrence Goodman
lawrencegoodman at gmail.com
Check out my blog: http://goodmanorama.blogspot.com