[TxMt] Your Favorite Theme for What Task?

thomas Aylott thomas.42 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 15:14:31 UTC 2006

On Aug 14, 2006, at 8:47 PM, John Tsombakos wrote:
> On 8/14/06, thomas Aylott <thomas.42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Try the latest version 4742.
>> I brightened up some of the darker html stuff.
>>
>> thomas Aylott—subtleGradient
>
> That looks a bit better. I also noticed that different tags are
> colored differently - <span>'s are one color, div's are another (gray
> with very light gray <>'s)

Check it out with the xhtml 1.0 strict language.
block level tags are gray, inline tags are brown, meta tags are
purple, form and form related tags are blue, etc...

> I also still see that the colors for Elements:
>  meta.group.braces
>  meta.environment.list  - .list 6
>
> are almost impossible to see - very very dark characters on a dark
> background.

The view in the list is actually pretty deceptive.
You'll notice a slash through the color in the color-well. That means
that those colors are translucent. So they only subtly effect the
existing color of whatever they're applied to.
You'd have to actually view a snippet of code with those scopes to
see what it looks like.

http://subtlegradient.com/stuff/BrillianceBlackScreenshot.png

You can see a screenshot of the BETA version of this theme with XML,
HTML, Markdown, Ruby, Javascript, CSS, Python, Slate, C, C++ & Perl.
I also added specific coloring for LaTeX and some other stuff since
then and tweaked a bunch of minor stuff.

> Otherwise, very nice.
>
> jt

I hope more people have suggestions on how I could make it better.
If it looks ugly in any language i'd love to see a screenshot and
maybe a code snippet so that I can fix the theme.

Thanks

thomas Aylott—subtleGradient