[TxMt] Re: MediaWiki viewer

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 14 08:36:40 UTC 2006

José Campos wrote:
>     Is there somewhere a viewer for pages written with MediWiki syntax?
> As I do not plan the full install of MediaWiki on my laptop, I'm looking
> for a very simple viewer that would allow to see files edited offline in
> TextMate.
>
>     I've tried pmWiki, that works fine, but does not use the same syntax
> as MediaWiki.

If you check the mediawiki bundle out from the subversion repository
(look up bundles in the manual), there is now a mediawiki language
grammar.  It's not complete, but it should hit 80-90% of the syntax used
in mediawiki pages.  Notably, it's far from perfect for things like
tables, templates, and parser functions.  I'm working on it.  :).  Also,
eventually the plan is to have some support for fetching/posting
mediawiki pages.  But that won't be finished for at least a couple of
weeks, probably.

-Jacob