[TxMt] Re: Subversion Commit error

Torsten Becker torsten.becker at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 10:54:03 UTC 2006

Brian wrote:
> Yup. I'm running ruby 1.6.8 on Panther.

Most of the ruby scripts are currently written for 1.8 because this is
installed on Tiger and the people who are still on Panther and use
ruby, usually have 1.8 installed, and so it just would be additional
work to port stuff back.
So my suggestion is to just install it and enjoy, because there are
more commands that implicitly require 1.8. :)

    ~$ cd ~/src
~/src$ wget --passive ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/ruby-1.8.4.tar.gz
~/src$ tar vxzf ruby-1.8.4.tar.gz
~/src$ cd ruby-1.8.4
~/src$ ./configure
~/src$ make
~/src$ sudo make install

And then adjust TM_RUBY to point to /usr/local/bin/ruby.

--
Torsten