[TxMt] Re: Things that keep me from switching to TextMate

Stefan Haller haller at ableton.com
Sun Aug 6 18:44:12 UTC 2006

Jacob Rus <jrus at hcs.harvard.edu> wrote:

> > - Find has no "whole words only" option
> >
> >   I must be missing something here.  This seems like such as basic
> >   feature of any serious text editor.
>
> As was mentioned, use regular expressions and add \b

This is not convenient enough.  Whole-word search is my default when I
write code; I like double-clicking a variable name, hitting Command-E,
and Command-G to find other instances of that variable.  Having to go
into the Find dialog and adding \b makes this much less pleasant.

--
Stefan Haller
Ableton