[TxMt] Save Dialogue: File Extension Highlighted

Takaaki Kato devlist at samuraicoder.net
Sat Aug 5 12:30:13 UTC 2006

Hi,

When I try saving a file, the save dialogue appears, whose name field
is, let's say, "untitled.html". In this case, all the letters
including html are highlighted.

It'd be useful if only "untitled" is highlighted so that, when user
starts to type in file name, the extension is untouched. In this way,
users can save a few letters of typing (e.g., html, js, sql, rb, m).
I understand, in some cases, extensions can be different than by
default (e.g., both html and htm are okay for HTML documents).

But, personally, in most cases, I'm OK with default extensions. Does
anybody have any thoughts on this?

Takaaki
--
Takaaki Kato