[TxMt] Escape character entities to numerical references?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Aug 3 12:37:12 UTC 2006

On 2/8/2006, at 19:02, Neil Lee wrote:

> The current method that TextMate uses to escape entities is by
> using the short name ('), which unfortunately doesn't work
> with Windows IE. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to
> convert these instead to the numeric version (e.g. ’).

Press ⌃⌥⌘C (brings up the bundle editor)

Unfold the HTML bundle.

Select the first item (Convert Character / Selection to Entities.)

Change line 11 from:

     ent = $char_to_entity[ch]

     ent = nil

Then it will never use the symbolic name. You may want to duplicate
the command and edit the duplicate, if you want to keep the original
one.