[TxMt] Defining functions in bundle

cormullion at mac.com cormullion at mac.com
Thu Aug 3 09:05:41 UTC 2006

On 2006-07-31, at 00:12, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 30/7/2006, at 1:13, cormullion at mac.com wrote:
>
>> Definitely! And I've got to work out how to match any number of
>> arguments, each of which can contain any character except "
>> ' ( ) : , and space, but mustn't start with # ; " ' ( ) { } . , 0
>> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. I'll have to go back to regexp school, i
>> think. :-)
>
> Something like: (?![#;"'(){}.,0-9])[^"'(): ]+

Thanks, Allan. Your help is appreciated - I'm finding this quite
tricky! ;-)

I've got the idea of matching the names, but now I'm trying to work
out how to match the shape of possible function definitions. Assuming
temporarily that names are just [a-z]*, I'm trying to match:

(define (func)
(define (fun arg1)
(define (func arg1 arg2)
(define (func arg1 arg2 arg3)

I can find these patterns with:

but I can't successfully capture a variable number of arguments for
use with 'capture'?

The rest of TextMate is looking very nice.... ;-)