[TxMt] Customising bundles

Stefan Brantschen sbr at acm.org
Tue Aug 1 06:34:54 UTC 2006

Could a kind soul please summarize (or send a pointer to) what is the
current state of the art as regards what needs to be stored where? I
am sure it's my fault as I did not follow all discussions, but the
few posts below tell me that I am probably not doing The Right Thing.
I have bundles in the standard install (of course), some svn
checkouts, as well as changes to both the standard and checked-out
bundles, plus my own bundles.

 From this post, I assume there's a clever way of avoiding clashes
but still be able to profit of updates:

On 31 Jul 2006, at 15:19, thomas Aylott wrote:
> On Jul 31, 2006, at 1:57 AM, Andreas Wahlin wrote:
>>> This could upen up for revert commands, and perhaps even diff
>> commands. Also, if you delete something from the original, it can
>> show up among your things with a big linethrough.
>> (...)
>
> (...)
>
> I seriously LOVE the way the deltas work now. We can change parts
> of a bundle item without completely replacing it. Awesome

Up to now I have all in ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/
Bundles (plus ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support):

On 26 May 2006, at 00:24, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 26/5/2006, at 0:13, Aparajita Fishman wrote:
>
>> If we are developing a bundle that is also in subversion, would we
>> not have to copy the entire bundle to ~/Library/Application
>> Support/TextMate/bundles and work on it from there? Otherwise we
>> would end up with only the delta there, correct?
>
> Yes -- personally I have my checkout in ~/Library, and I think that
> is the easiest solution for bundle developers in general. An
> alternative is to just symlink the particular bundle you develop
> (from ~/Library -> /Library), or only checkout the single bundle to
> ~/Library.

But this tells me that I can improve:

On 31 Jul 2006, at 15:07, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 31/7/2006, at 7:57, Andreas Wahlin wrote:
>
>> [...] So that when you customise an item in a bundle, it will make
>> a copy of that specific entry, and place it first (or last) of all
>> the items (snippets, languages, commands etc), with a big
>> delimiter between "your" stuff and the bundle default stuff
>
> Currently default stuff (or svn checkouts) should not be in ~/
> Library. In ~/Library only your modifications are stored.

Thanks and regards
- Stefan