[TxMt] Multiple simultaneous arbitrary caret locations (with optional highlighting)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Apr 25 02:18:25 UTC 2006

On 23/4/2006, at 0:43, Duane Johnson wrote:

> [...] Has this been discussed before?  It seems plausible given the
> powerful way we can already "insert as snippet" to the document.

This is slightly related to discontinuous selections, my view here
is, that sure it would be cool, but it would be used by very very few
users, it has no good use for keyboard users (which I myself is) and
it would make the source code much more complex, and basically every
single thing that deals with the caret or selection, would have to
deal with considerations arising from this new ability -- so it would
not just be one addition, it would hunt me for the rest of eternity.

IOW this is not happening anytime soon -- only if I find some very
clever abstraction, would I consider adding it.