[TxMt] discoverability, activation and scaling

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sat Apr 22 07:09:43 UTC 2006

On 21/4/2006, at 18:50, Dave Baldwin wrote:

> On 21 Apr 2006, at 17:16, Chris Thomas wrote:
>
>> [...] I don't think my concern about menu length is an invalid
>> one. You're proposing adding five new Diff commands, assuming you
>> replicate each of the existing commands, to what is already one of
>> the longest command menus in TextMate.

Yes, I agree. I do not want these in the Subversion bundle as other
than either “hidden” behind the option key, or as environment
variable toggled.

Keeping them in its own bundle for now I think is best, and then not
use the ctrl-shift A key, because that ruins the ‘type to select’
feature of the menu system. So probably use ctrl-shift-cmd A.

>> When Allan provides a UI for grouping and enabling subsets of bundle
>> commands, a separate set of commands will be great. Meanwhile, I'm
>> not sure it's a good idea.

+1 to both :)

> [...] It would also be useful to set the order - in the subversion
> bundle when I do a diff, 99.99% of the time I want to diff with BASE
> so I would like to do control A d rather than control A d down down.

You can re-order the items in the bundle editor. But ‘type to select’
works a little flaky when the items are not alphabetized. I think the
system picks the first match as if the items where actually
alphabetized, so the actual ordering has no influence on whatgets
picked.