[TxMt] "documentation" block comments (esp. Java)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Apr 21 23:56:24 UTC 2006

On 21/4/2006, at 20:35, Brian Lalor wrote:

> [...] I could scope the snippets for comment.block and
> comment.documentation, but I still think the latter should extend
> from the former.  Is this the desired scope for those types of doc
> comments, or was this overlooked?

comment.documentation, I think, is used in a few languages where
there are comment directives sort of intended for documentation.

An example of that would be Ruby/Perl’s =begin/=end lines.

So if /** … **/ is de facto for javadoc, it might be appropriate to
keep it as comment.documentation.

That said, I am not aware of anything which makes use of the scope,
but it could e.g. be useful to have spell checking enabled only in
documentation comments (as regular comments are often used to comment
out code).