[TxMt] Spreadsheets in Textmate

James Edward Gray II james at grayproductions.net
Fri Apr 21 23:09:52 UTC 2006

On Apr 21, 2006, at 5:38 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> Hm, I think I see what you mean by the const_missing idea. How
> about cells like C$5 though, or $C$5? Would they be as easy to work
> with? I definitely want the syntax to allow ranges like C$4:F$4 etc.

No, the dollar signs and ranges need to be beat with the Ruby stick,
if you go this way.  You could always get const_missing() to support
something like C4_F4, returning and Array range.  C4::F4 is also
possible with some clever proxy object work.

If you want it to look like Excel though, this is not the way to go.

James Edward Gray II