[TxMt] textmate crashing

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sat Apr 15 10:50:16 UTC 2006

On 15/4/2006, at 12:37, Venkat Venkataraju wrote:

> [...] Version 1.5.1 (948) has been crashing for the past few days.
> i'm not
> sure if its textmate or OS X as i updated both sometime during the
> week.
> the crash seems to happen when i press "tab" in the find&replace
> window,
> but not all the time.

It was likely the OS upgrade which triggered it, but it’s a known
problem. It hits only a few users, but those who are hit by it, seem
to get it regularly.

So far I have been unable to workaround the problem or even get a
hint of an idea of what’s causing it (despite extensive efforts to
insert debug code, rewrite system functions a.s.o.)

I am planning to introduce some options in next build to assist in
debugging this. I suspect it is a bug with the pop-supporting text
fields of the find dialog, and one planned option would be, to simply
disable these (for users who have the problem.)

Unfortunately that’s the best I can do for now.