[TxMt] Rev961 scope change

thomas Aylott thomas.42 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 19:30:41 UTC 2006

On Apr 12, 2006, at 3:17 PM, Oliver Taylor wrote:

> It's funny how just a one line comment about a new version of the app
> can break almost every scope you've got....
>
>> [CHANGED] The scope of the caret is now that of the
>> character to the right of the caret, rather than that on
>> the left side.
>
> Just a heads up to all you bundle developers, check your scopes to
> make sure this doesn't effect you. Particularly if you have macros or
> snippets that only take effect at the end of a line.
>
> ^[a-z\s\.]{,15}$    ...will no longer work. Removing the "$" will fix
> it (in this case).
>
> I haven't seen anyone talking about this, but it strikes me that it
> could adversely effect many people. Why has this change been enacted
> (yes, I realize it's "nightly-build" only at this point. Is this a
> good thing? Does this force our scope selectors to be more precise?
>
> Am I wrong?

Yeah. Me and Allan were talking about it a bit on IRC.
Check out the wiki page about it http://macromates.com/wiki/ToDo/
ScopeOfSelection

Feel free to edit that page if you can think of more examples of how
the scope should work.

I have strong feelings about it but i won't have any free time to
think about it for a while.

thomas Aylott—subtleGradient—oblivious at subtleGradient.com